Monday, May 12, 2008

To eat or not to eat

The theme of this blog keeps changing....but I think I've finally stumbled on a good topic - food. At the most basic of levels, food sustains. But when it's really great, food also entertains. Preparing it or enjoying it, both can be hobbies, and as it turns out, they're my hobbies. Weekends are when I do the majority of my cooking (I'm normally too exhausted during the week to do any significant cooking), but even when not really cooking anything new, I try to be creative. For me, drinks fall under the broad interests of the foodie, so I'll be writing about that a bit too. And as a quick disclaimer, by foodie I don't mean I eat cornish game hen with parsnip puree and quince chutney (or whatever)...I mean I enjoy food in most (all?) of its iterations. So don't be surprised if some store-bought breadcrumbs and canned tuna make appearances. That's just how I do things.

No comments: