Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quick Post: An Admission of Love

Many of you know of my obsession with grilled cheese. I even spoke of at one point opening a grilled cheese sandwich shop.

But this is not about my love for grilled cheese. It is an admission of love...for Mark Bittman.

I pretty much adore everything he does. As I've mentioned before, even if it's something I will never try, his attitude is so attractive that I will scan the recipe, read the article, or watch the video.

Here my obsession meets my love: One of Bittman's Videos entitled, Actually Grilled Cheese.

This is 2:24 minutes (with an additional 15-20 seconds for the lead in ad) of Bittman's dry wit (he suggests adding mustard, pesto, ben gay or sunscreen to the sandwich) and his simplistic yet brilliant food ideas.

I am in love once again.

2 comments:

Heather and Martin said...

Love it, love him, loved all "101 Reasons to Light the Grill" in today's NYT.

CraftMafia said...

I'm going home to Bklyn this weekend - my mom already cut out the article and put it on my bedside table. Besides, they recently had a family vote and got rid of their grill, while I now have a boyfriend who is rather handy around such a device. Clearly that article needs to live in Austin, not Bklyn. :-)