Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rodeo Food

This will be a brief post, but I wanted to make sure to announce that I had a jumbo corndog at the Austin Rodeo yesterday. I have recently discovered my unending love for corndogs. I had one at the Texas Book Fair in October and was in love. I'm honestly not sure when the last time I had one was, so I'm not sure where this love comes from. We're not a family that attended any state fairs, and when there were street fairs I had gyros and funnel cake. I like hot dogs, but not so much as to love corndogs. I like cornbread as much as the next person, but again, a corndog is so much more than the sum of its parts. It's an odd obsession, but perhaps the excitement is that I really only partake in the glory that is corndog 2-3 times a year. Who knows.

In any event, below is a picture of my jumbo corndog. It was absolutely everything I had hoped for and more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

MMMMMM. Corn Dog. Finally caught up on your blog and really enjoying your posts. I'm now a subscriber and fan. Keep writing!

Janée said...

I've never tried a corn dog but I might have to give it a try. Maybe at the next fair I go to, with a side of cotton candy. I saw frozen corn dogs in the local supermarket. Have you ever tried those?

CraftMafia said...

Janee - I haven't tried the frozen ones, but someone told me that they have little ones that are frozen about three or four bites worth. That sounds very appealing (although I would want to eat more than one in that case). It's worth a try, but not if they tell you to heat it up in the microwave. I can't imagine anything worse than a soggy corndog.

CraftMafia said...

E - thanks for following. I need to get back to writing more. And I have things to write....just an issue of taking the time. Argh!