Wednesday, November 01, 2017

A post a day for a whole month

There's this thing called NaNoWriMo, and I love it. NaNoWriMo, aka National Novel Writing Month, is a challenge for writers to write fiction in the month of November, with a goal of writing at least 50,000 words in the month. In past years, I've made it up to 30,000 or so words, but to reach the challenge goal, you have to write 1,667 words every day.

That might not sound like a lot. It is.

And consider Thanksgiving. You might not write that day. And if your traveling, there might be another day or two you're not writing. That daily goal can start to add up.

There are local groups that provide online or in-person camaraderie and support. There are write-ins where people get together in one location and write sitting near each other. There are fun tracking templates. There are lots of great resources.

This year, I don't really have enough time spent considering a fictional work (short stories are fine; it doesn't have to be one long novel, despite the event's name), and I've just restarted this blog.

So, instead of doing the traditional challenge, I'll be trying to post something here everyday for the month. That makes me a "rebel" by NaNoWriMo standards, but that's ok.

I've already got about half of a month's worth of topics planned, so I feel like I'm looking good to write about food all month long. And for the days I know I won't likely be writing, I can write the post earlier and then schedule it to be published.

So, wish me luck and fun food experiences to write about. 

No comments: