Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A new goal...food and fundraising.

In an effort to raise money for the not-for-profit At the Crossroads, I have joined their "I Think I Can" set of campaigns. Set of campaigns, you might say...yes. Each individual creates their own goal with the fundraising efforts all going to benefit At the Crossroads. What is At the Crossroads? It is a not-for-profit serving homeless youth in San Francisco that was started by a childhood friend of mine, Rob Gitin. These fundraising efforts raise money for blankets, food, hygiene items, etc. for those kids. They can be as silly as you want (Rob's campaign is to convince comedienne Sarah Silverman to go on a date with him) or as serious as you want (losing weight, quitting smoking, spending time with your family without the cell phone, etc.). You can learn more about At the Crossroads at http://www.atthecrossroads.org/.

As for my fundraising goal, well, it's to post on this blog at least three times a week for the next 8 weeks. With a bonus post, I'm committing to 25 posts before April 13th. It's going to be tight, and if you look at my last post, I've made promises before. But this time it's not all about me. So keep your fingers crossed for me, read my blog, and donate to the cause: http://atthecrossroads.org/campaign/lizcraft.

With that, I'm off to have a glass of wine and draft my next post. One down. Phew!

No comments: